Phoenix Childcare are looking for a qualified Senior Practitioner/Room Leader to work with children aged from 2-12 years within our Torquay based setting. Ideally our new colleague will have great communication skills and will be a good team player, reliable, honest, confident, approachable, enthusiastic and inspiring.
Training and development opportunities are available for applicants who are currently working as a Nursery Nurse and are looking to step up to the next level.
Job Title - Senior Practitioner/Room Leader
- Length of post - Permanent
- Hours of work 30+ hours per week, between 7.30am and 6.00pm. (Hours may be negotiable)
- Salary - Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Qualifications Level 3 (or equivalent) in Childcare
- Experience - At least 3 years recent experience in a childcare setting (or equivalent), working in a senior role
- Competent manual car driver with full, clean driving licence
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues in the delivery of the EYFS curriculum
- To have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads
- With colleagues, plan, prepare, create and deliver a safe and stimulating play environment both inside and outdoors
- To show a strong interest in supporting and improving outdoor opportunities for children’s learning and development
- Commitment to providing equal opportunities for all
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment for children and parents/carers
- To build and maintain positive relationships with children and parents/carers
- To participate as a key person where appointed, observing, assessing, recording and planning each child’s development, next steps and individual needs, taking specific interest in key children
- Ability to assess risks and respond appropriately in emergency situations
- To ensure that all children attending the nursery setting are kept safe and receive the very highest standard of care, learning, and play opportunities which are age and developmentally appropriate, to meet their individual needs
- To be aware of Safeguarding regulations relating to a childcare setting and promote and implement Safeguarding policies and procedures
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate to ensure that Health and Safety and hygiene standards are adhered to.
- To drive company vehicles on school runs and outings
- To undertake any other duties and to assume additional responsibilities as reasonably requested by line management.
- To assist management team in the effective operational management of the setting.
Person Specification - Ideally, you will...
- have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards working with children.
- provide high quality professional care to children whilst maintaining high standards and supporting the ethos of Phoenix.
- support the management team in delivering the EYFS curriculum
- lead a team and inspire high levels of staff motivation
- provide leadership and direction to colleagues where appropriate
- ensure that daily programmes meet the needs of parents, families, and children within the EY framework
- develop and maintain positive and meaningful parent/carer and setting partnerships
- demonstrate excellent levels of customer care at all times
- ensure adherence to the policies, procedures, and Ofsted requirements within the setting
- step up to a senior leadership role in the absence of others
- A working knowledge of the EYFS and OFSTED regulations within a day care setting
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act 1989 and UNCRC
- Knowledge or understanding of Prevent, British Values, Health and Safety legislations, Every child matters
- A qualification in Play-work Level 2, Safeguarding Level 2 or above, Paediatric First Aid certificate, Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience working with children with SEND or additional needs
- Level 4+ qualification
NB: The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced disclosure via DBS. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Phoenix Childcare are committed to safeguarding children and information given to members of staff will always be treated with complete confidentially unless the information provided falls within the requirement to report any Safeguarding or Child Protection concerns. We will always strive to undertake our duties in relation to safeguarding in a way which:
- Places the safety of the child first, above all other considerations
- Is sensitive to the needs of the child, their age and developmental stage
- Recognises and respects the diversity of families and children
- Promotes the involvement and participation of children and families at all times
- Recognises the stress factors that give rise to any cause for concerns and continue to support the whole family where appropriate
- Works collaboratively with partner agencies to support children and families in identifying safeguarding concerns such as abuse and neglect
To apply for the position please contact Mary Browne/Carlene Birch on 01803 290030. You can also download this vacancy and an application form using the links below.