Phoenix Childcare are looking for a qualified Nursery Nurse/Room Leader to work with children aged from 2-12 years within our Torquay based setting. Ideally our new colleague will have great communication skills and will be a good team player, reliable, honest, confident, approachable, enthusiastic and inspiring.
Job Title - Nursery Nurse/Room Leader
- Length of post - Permanent
- Hours of work 30+ hours per week, between 7.30am and 6.00pm. (Hours may be negotiable)
- Salary - Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Qualifications Level 3 (or equivalent) in Childcare
- Experience - At least 3 years recent experience in a childcare setting (or equivalent)
- Competent manual car driver with full, clean driving licence
To have a passionate and positive attitude towards working with children.
To be able to provide high quality professional care to children whilst maintaining high standards and supporting the ethos of Phoenix. Knowledge of the EYFS and OFSTED regulations for a day care provision is required.
- To have and promote excellent communication skills
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues as well as being able to work on own initiative
- With colleagues, deliver the EYFS in line with current practice, policies, and guidelines
- With colleagues, plan, prepare, create, and deliver a safe and stimulating play environment both inside and outdoors
- To show a strong interest in supporting and developing outdoor opportunities for children’s learning
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment for children and parents/carers
- To build and maintain positive relationships with children and parents/carers
- To participate as a key person where appointed, observing, assessing, documenting and planning each child’s development, next steps and individual needs, taking specific interest in key children
- To ensure that all children attending the nursery setting are kept safe and receive the very highest standard of care, learning and play opportunities which are age and developmentally appropriate, to meet their individual needs
- Commitment to providing equal opportunities for all
- Ability to assess risks and respond appropriately in emergency situations
- To be aware of Safeguarding regulations relating to a childcare setting and promote and implement Safeguarding policies and procedures
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate to ensure that Health and Safety and hygiene standards are adhered to
- To drive company vehicles on school runs and outings
- To undertake any other duties and to assume additional responsibilities as reasonably requested by line management.
- A qualification in Play-work Level 2, Safeguarding Level 2 or above, Paediatric First Aid certificate, Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience working with children with SEND or additional needs
- Knowledge or understanding of Prevent, British Values
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act 1989 and UNCRC
- Level 4+ qualification
NB: The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced disclosure via DBS. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Phoenix Childcare are committed to safeguarding children and information given to members of staff will always be treated with complete confidentially unless the information provided falls within the requirement to report any Safeguarding or Child Protection concerns. We will always strive to undertake our duties in relation to safeguarding in a way which:
- Places the safety of the child first, above all other considerations
- Is sensitive to the needs of the child, their age and developmental stage
- Recognises and respects the diversity of families and children
- Promotes the involvement and participation of children and families at all times
- Recognises the stress factors that give rise to any cause for concerns and continue to support the whole family where appropriate
- Works collaboratively with partner agencies to support children and families in identifying safeguarding concerns such as abuse and neglect
To apply for the position please contact Mary Browne/Carlene Birch on 01803 290030. You can also download this vacancy and an application form using the links below.