Working Together - Partnership With Parents
To ensure effective communication between home and nursery, we are always available to discuss your child’s needs and any queries that you have.
How you can help your child in the nursery:
- Ensure that your child has the correct footwear: E.g. Wellington boots in winter, plimsolls or trainers in summer.
- We take the children on a wide range of trips and appropriate clothing/footwear is essential to ensure children are able to play and explore.
- Please dress your child in clothes that you do not mind getting dirty or messy due to the wide range of activities we offer it is best to wear old clothes.
- Can parents/carers please ensure all items of clothing are labelled clearly.
- Read the notices and letters which will provide you with up to date information
- Talk to staff immediately if you have any concerns or queries.
- Inform your child’s key person of any significant changes in your child’s life.
Phoenix Childcare - a routine day...
- 7 - 9am – Breakfast time/free play
- 9 - 9.30 - Breakfast for younger children/free play
- 9.30- 10.00 – Circle time – story-time and singing time
- 10.00 – 11.00 – Group activities E.g. baking, computers/ICT, planning activities
- 10.30 - Start nappy changes
- 11.00 – 11.30 – Sound box for 3 – 4s,free-play for under 3’s
- 11.30 – 12.15 – Lunch
- 12.15 – 1.00 – quiet activities, chill out time, Free play
- 1.00 – 1.30 – Exercise/visit to park/walk
- 1.00 – Start nappy changes and prepare snack
- 1.30 – free choice Snack time
- 2.00 – Home time for majority of under 5s.
- 2.00 – 2.45 – Free play/ One to ones
- 2.45 – Pick up children from school
- 3.00 – 4.30 – Free play. Various activities out
- 4.30 – Evening meal
- 5.00 – 6.00 – Free play
- 6.00 – Home time